I’m winding down this year with a cold, recovering from a major holiday season feeling a little run down and a lot lazy. But none of that is managing to get in the way of my feeling generally good and positive as we round the corner to finish off 2017. One of the things that is helping to lift my spirits is getting this acknowledgement from a reader and fellow blogger.
Arianna thought to award Brimming with the Versatile Blogger Award, which is just a kind and lovely way to cap off the year. Much like the Liebster Award I was included in back in July, this award is a kind of chain letter between bloggers that celebrates versatile, quality writing, and seeks to connect bloggers to wider audiences. Arianna is a poet and definitely qualifies as both versatile and quality. Check her out!
Versatility is exactly what I am getting at with Brimming, never wanting to be confined to one topic or idea because I have too much to say about too many things for that to ever feel wholly satisfying.
The elements of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate bloggers and link to their blogs.
- Inform them of their nominations.
- Reveal seven facts about yourself your readers may not know about you.
Seven Unknown Facts:
- I’m a firm believer in signature scents. You know when a scent hits you and it reminds you of someone fiercely? Even, like, twelve years later? Scent memories are strong and finding a perfume or soap that is decidedly yours is kind of a cool superpower.
- I love old, boxy cars. The boxier the better. I yearn to own one someday.
- I used to hate cheese with a vehemence that was absurd. Now I love it. I know, I’m SO quirky, right??
- I cannot write while listening to music with lyrics. I get way too distracted by the song, the singer, the words. But writing in pure silence is distracting in its own way. I often write to ambient electronica, a genre I used to have no familiarity with, but now I really enjoy for the association I have with writing my novel.
- Give me a book, a blanket, and a yummy beverage and I’m in my most relaxed headspace.
- Ordering food is the one decision in my life that I don’t agonize over. I know what I like and what I want and I’m almost never disappointed.
- I need more writer friends and hope to meet more writing buddies by participating in posts like this. Say hey when you ‘stop by’ so we can chat!
Nominees you should check out*:
*Whether or not you’d like to participate is up to you, but you should know that all your work is great!